Aqua Matt, Satine, Gloss
Transparent epoxy water-based coating
Aqua Matt – Satine – Glossy is a bi-component protective finishing coat, containing epoxy resin and hardener in water solution, suitable for the protective finish of walls and floors. Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy gives the surface a satin and uniform appearence. Aqua Matt – Satine – Glossy considerably upgrades surface hardness and its resistance to abrasion, for a surface highly resistant to foot and light tired-vehicle traffic. Thanks to its low VOC content, Aqua Matt – Satine – Glossy does not release unpleasant odour. Aqua Matt – Satine – Glossy can be use within an application cycle with a class of reaction to fire BFLS1 according to UNI EN ISO 11925-2:2011 and UNI EN ISO 9239-1:2011 regulations.
Features (test conditions: 23°C and 50% R.H.)
• Protective and decorative low-thickness varnish for floorings in shops, private houses, offices and exhibition centres.
• Transparent satin finish for decorative DECO BN and MICROFAST floorings.
• Anti-dust !nish for cement and synthetic resin-based screeds.
• AQUASATIN is suitable for the realization of industrial coatings subject to spilling of oily liquids, alkaline and saline solutions.
• Protective flooring for garages.
INTERPRETATION SCALE OF RESULTS
“0” COMPLETE DISAGGREGATION OF THE COATING
“1” CRACKS/BLISTERING/SWELLING OF MEDIUM INTENSITY, SOFTENING AND PARTIAL DETACHMENT
“2” SOFTENING, DETACHMENT, LIGHT SWELLING
“3” OPACIFICATION, COLOUR CHANGE, LOW MECHANICAL RESISTANCE
“4” NO ALTERATION OF THE COATING
a) All aggressive agents are diluted in bidistilled water.
b) These results refer to the constant contact for 7 days with the aggressive agent
c) The prompt removal of the aggresive product reduces the risk of degradation and it lengthens the shelf life of the flooring.
Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy is generally applied on cement surfaces, therefore make sure these are completely cured. Surfaces suitable to Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy coating must be sturdy, compact, clean and dry. Remove any traces of greases, oil and dust before applying the product.
Mix preparation and application
Mix separately part A and B. Pour component A (resin) into component B (hardener) and mix carefully for 2-3 minutes with a suitable tool until a uniform and uid solution is obtained. Apply the product with a short-nap roller, being careful to spread it all over the surface. After 24 hours apply a second coat so as to have a uniform gloss nish. Do not leave stagnant areas of product on the surface. If high resistance to water is required, apply 3 coats of Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy.
RULES TO BE OBSERVED DURING PRODUCT PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
Always wear protective gloves and eyewear when mixing and applying the product. In case of contact with the eyes, immediately and repeatedly wash with a jet of water and visit the first-aid post.
• Do not use the product for outdoor applications or on wood, plastic, iron and all not cement-based surfaces.
• Do not apply the product on surfaces subject to rising damp.
• Do not dilute Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy with solvents or water.
• Do not change the mixing ratio of the components in any way – use and mix all the quantities of components A and B.
• Do not expose the product to heat sources.
• Do not use Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy at temperatures below +5°C and above +35°C (relating both to surface and room).
• Use Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy within the workability time indicated in the table (time calculated from the mixing of Part A and Part B).
• It’s reccomended to clean immediately the surface in case of contact with aggressive liquid or solutions.
Tools are easily cleaned with warm water within one hour from product application.
Average consumption of Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy is 80 - 100 g/m2 per coat but can vary even considerably according to surface porosity and absorption.
Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy is available in 5 kg (A+B), 2,5 kg (A+B) and 1 kg (A+B) packing.
Aqua Matt– Satine– Glossy is stable for at least 12 months if kept in a dry and protected environment at a temperature between +5°C and +35°C.